Ken Kramer's About San Diego

Hotel Robinson (Julian Gold Rush Hotel)

Clip: Season 2 | 3m 51s

In continuous operation since 1897, it was originally called The Robinson Hotel, owned by Albert Robinson, a former slave, and his wife Margaret. Albert planted the cedar and locust trees which can still be seen on the property today. The register shows the names of many Senators and Congressmen who stayed at the Robinson Hotel while Albert and Margaret ran the place.

Aired: 09/29/10

Rating: NR

Video has closed captioning.

Problems Playing Video?